We seek staff members who have a passion for the arts and who enjoy working in a creative and demanding environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Portland Center Stage is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
The position is full time, non-exempt with variable hours. We are seeking a self-motivated individual for janitorial services. The ideal candidate will be focused, flexible, have great attention to detail, and thrive in a multi-task oriented environment.
- Cleaning and recycling of the facility, including special attention to administrative offices, public areas, restrooms, Vera Katz Park, and outside trash receptacles.
- Manages waste stream for the highest levels of efficiency and recycling.
- Maintains and organizes janitorial storage areas.
- Maintains accurate inventory of janitorial equipment, materials and supplies.
- Notifies Operations Manager and Lead Custodian when supplies are needed.
- Ensures compliance with LEED “Green Cleaning” standards.
- Adheres to regulations and workplace safety rules.
- Completes a daily janitorial report.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in janitorial and cleaning buildings and grounds of a large facility.
- Proficient in use of materials, methods, practices and equipment used in building cleaning and maintenance.
- Manages time efficiently and appropriately, with the ability to learn show and event schedules to help identify special space considerations and priorities.
- Two or more years of college or vocational school or equivalent.
- Standard computer, Word processing, and email capability.
- Ability to read and follow written reports, instructions and OSHA regulations.
- CPR Certification a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be comfortable working in an environment in which directions and priorities can change rapidly.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and reach restricted spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings, as necessary.
Salary & Benefits
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision available 1st day of month following hire.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days.
- 403 (b) retirement plan available.
- Complimentary tickets to Main Stage and Studio productions.
No phone calls, please.
Portland Center Stage is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.