We seek staff members who have a passion for the arts and who enjoy working in a creative and demanding environment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Portland Center Stage is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
Events and Rentals Manager
The Events and Rentals Manager is a full time, exempt position and is part of the Portland Center Stage (PCS) Operations Department. The Events and Rentals Manager is responsible for all outside rentals and special events that happen here at the Gerding Theater. Responsibilities include meeting annual rental sales goals, marketing to targeted groups and identifying new target markets, serving as liaison and lead coordinator between rental clients and Operations and Production staff, and ensuring quality and customer service.
- Create and distribute schedules, timelines, floor plans, and set up for all rental events.
- Coordinate staffing, equipment, and catering requirements for each event.
- Supervise all those involved in the event, including Catering, Rental Companies, PCS Operations staff, and PCS Production staff.
- Maximize revenue by maintaining and expanding relationships with existing customer base, and by innovatively seeking new client.
- Oversee event budgets and client billings.
- Oversee PCS Preferred Caterers list, contracts and relationships.
- Participate in the weekly calendar meetings and assist in maintaining the PCS calendar.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of PCS facilities, safety requirements, and guidelines/policies.
- Supervise Events and Rentals Assistant.
- Support the Operations Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in event management and sales or relevant industries/experience.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in the arts preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people and management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn Tessitura database system.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to prioritize.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- The work environment is an expansive workplace that includes an office, two theaters, production offices and a front of house area that is open to the public.
- The work hours are variable based on the schedule of the event, and will include evenings and week-ends.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment in which directions and priorities can change rapidly.
- Travel is limited to the local area.
- Expect light lifting of up to 45 pounds.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary depending on experience.
- Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision available 1st day of month following hire.
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days.
- 403 (b) retirement plan available.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: Events and Rentals Manager/PCS Website. Deadline to apply is March 21st. No phone calls, please.
Portland Center Stage is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.
A Small Fire
February 22 — March 23
February 1 — March 16
Keep In Touch
Social media resources
PCS maintains an active presence on social media entities. Join us on: