Portland Loves to Eat!
Posted by Kinsley Suer | 10 November 2012
Food Tour: 2-5 p.m.
Backstage Tour: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Theater Performance: 7:30-9 p.m.
Already have your tickets for I Love to Eat? Patrons who already hold tickets or have seen the play will be offered a $5 discount on the regular culinary tour price of $65 (making the tour total $60). That discount can be used on any of the James Beard culinary tours offered Fridays and Saturdays from Saturday, January 12 – Saturday, February 9. Guests MUST CALL Forktown Tours directly in order to apply the discount on their tour price.
- The culinary tour is a walking tour of roughly 1.5 miles that lasts three hours and visits six different local Portland eateries. Each tour will be limited to 14 guests.
- Guests will receive more than just samples, but rather enough food for a full meal!
- The tour will stop at several different style eateries, from famous local restaurants to bakeries to distilleries and delis. Guests must walk from location to location, but will have inside seating at most (if not all) the locations.
- Tours will take place rain or shine. Guests are encouraged to dress appropriately and bring appropriate rain gear.
- Many allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated, but MUST be requested in advance of the tour.
- Upon purchase, guests will receive an email confirmation with all the meeting details for the tour and instructions about the backstage tour & theater performance the same evening.
- Guests may use their own car to drive to the starting location of the tour on NW 21st Ave and then drive to the theater at the conclusion of the tour for the backstage tour. Guests can also use the green streetcar line to travel from NW 23rd to the theater. Parking and public transportation costs are NOT included in the package price.
- After the backstage tour, guests are encouraged to explore the Pearl or grab a drink at the Armory Café while waiting for the performance to start.
- Groups of six or less will be seated together if there is availability to do so. Ordering early will help ensure guests who purchase packages together are seated together.
- No refunds will be made on ticket purchase.